Minutes from Service Unit Meeting 11/13/12
Dawn, Vicki, Heatherlynn & Chrissy
-Journey sets are still on sale for $10. This includes the journey and the leader guide.
-Cookie Trainings begin 2nd week of January; Bozeman – 1/8; Missoula – 1/9; Great Falls – 1/10
-Council has a new concept for Cookie Rally and that is to have a Cookie Rally Sleepover. For more information, please go to www.littlebrowniebaker.com
Heatherlynn volunteered to sort cookies for troops at the warehouse when they arrive, still looking for another volunteer to help her.
-Hurricane Sandy relief efforts are being made. There were 8 Service Units effected by the storm. If you are interested in helping, contact your local Service Unit Manager.
-The volunteer application & agreement forms are now available online.
-To help boost membership #’s, look at creating free programs for girls where girls just need to bring a snack/beverage. Council may help to buy books, etc.
-It was suggested we do another round of recruiting in January/February(separate from Cookie Rally & World Thinking Day). Girls & Parents need to know that registration is year-round.
Service Unit has $238.46
Just a reminder that each troop needs representation at the Service Unit Meetings. If a Leader/Co-leader cannot make it, please ask a parent to fill in. We strongly encourage parents to go to these meetings as well.
Is there a different day that would best? I have called Perkins and Tuesday & Wednesday nights kids eat free as long as they order off the kids menu. Would people would be interested in meeting here?
-December 1 – City Wide food drive – meet @ 9:15am – Racetrack Fire hall on Grand & Farragut. Starts at 10am – Lunch at 11:30/12
– December 6 – Caroling – Meet at Hawthorne @ 5:30 – 5:45; start @ 6 end at 8. Please DRESS WARM!!!!! Meet back at Girl Scout room for hot chocolate & treats after. If parents could bring a treat to share, that would be great!
– December 11 – Service Unit Meeting – 7pm Regift exchange – $10 limit; everyone brings a snack
– January 8 – Service Unit Meeting – 7pm
– January 26 – Cookie Sales begin (Cookie Rally Sleepover on January 25??? Need volunteers to plan!)
– February 23 – World Thinking Day